Gee Surname History   Charles & Hannah Gee   Notable Gees   Family Branches   Download Gedcoms
Gee Family Researchers & Historians   Gee Family Information Sources   Gee Data Pages   Surname Index
Northern Gee Family   Gee Family Facts   GEEography - Gee place names   Photo Page   Gee Family Archives
Gee Family Queries   Submit Query   Elmore Family History   Elmore Family Lineage   Johnson Family Lineage

Books Available on the Gee Family!!

Join the Gee Family Genealogy Page on Facebook.

Search this site powered by FreeFind




Floyd Gee - 1919

A Brief History of the Gee Surname


The name "Gee" appears to have originated with the Normans in England. A possible link to the pronunciation of the Norman surname Gui or Guy is expressed in the book The Norman People and Their Descendants. A small village in the English parish of Stockport, Cheshire - Gee Cross - appears to have taken it's name from the Gee family. There are possibly as many as three villages in France named Gee. One of these is in the Loire Valley area.

According to the book The Gee Family, copyright 1937 by W. J. Fletcher, the Gee surname cannot be directly traced beyond the 17th century, however the Gee name was prevalent, according to Fletcher, in Leicestershire from 1400, Nottinghamshire from 1460, and Lincolnshire from about 1340. I have seen unsubstantiated references to a southern Scottish origin of the Gee surname and links to such spellings as MacGee, MacGhie, MacGhee, and Magee derived from the Strathclyde Britons.

This ancient founding race of the north was a mixture of Gaelic/Celts whose original territories ranged from Lancashire, England in the south, northward to the south bank of the river Clyde in Scotland, but if this information is accurate it is almost certainly a group unrelated or at least far distant from my own ancestry.

In the 1700's Americans in New England continued to be heavily influenced by their British origins. There was a tendency to pronounce an "e" as though it was an "a". As a result the name Gee was often pronounced Jay. Since spelling at this time was not "fixed" and often a matter of personal preference the name Gee was often written, as it sounded in some dialects, "Jay". The family is definitely English and the spelling Gee is well documented in England as far back as the 1300's.

TOP OF PAGE


Charles and Hannah Gee

Charles Gee was born in the period between 1650 and 1670. He emigrated, most likely, from Stretford near Manchester, England to Surry County Virginia before 1688. Charles died circa 1709 having had by his wife Hannah (Drury?, Drewry?) Gee four sons. The first known reference to Charles Gee in the colonies is in 1688 when he is involved in a judgement to Col. Edward Hill regarding 1300 lbs. of tobacco in Charles City County at Westover. Charles had a brother, Henry, who came to Virginia with him. Fletcher, in The Gee Family, indicated that Henry had no offspring but current research has revealed some of the descendants of Henry Gee.

Children of Charles and Hannah Gee:

  1. James Gee
  2. Charles Gee
  3. Henry Gee
  4. Robert Gee (possibly)

It appears that all the succeeding generations of the Gee family in Virginia up to the Revolutionary War were descendants of Charles and Hannah Gee. According to the book The Kin of Dr. Ned Gee of Lunenburg County, Virginia; by Samuel Edward Gee, 1975, (also a descendant of Charles and Hannah) a Gee or Gees immigrated to New England or New York at about the same time as Charles Gee and his brother, Henry. A man named Gee operated a ferry across the Hudson River from West Point to Cold Springs, NY before the Revolutionary War. There is a light house on a rock outcropping known as Gee's Point near West Point. There appears to be no link between the New York Gee and our family in this country. Indeed, with few exceptions, the northern Gee's appear to have stayed in the north and the southern Gee's appear to have stayed in the south until after the Civil War.

A Peter Gee appears in Massachusetts records in the year 1653. This Peter Gee and his wife Grace had sons Thomas, John, and Joshua. Joshua's son, Rev. Joshua Gee, was a colleague of Cotton Mather at the Old North Church in Boston. Rev. Gee succeeded Mather as pastor of the Old North Church and preached at Mather's funeral.

Peter Gee was christened on January 25, 1614 in Newton Ferrers, Devon, England. He was the son of a John Gee. Peter came to America and he was the master of a fishing vessel that sailed out of the Isle of Shoals off the coast of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. He was on the Isle of Shoals at least by 1653 and left to settle in Boston by 1673. The whereabouts of Peter's son Thomas was unknown by 1673 but the other two sons, John and Joshua, were respectable citizens of Boston and prosperous in the ship building trade. There is an interesting reference in a deed from Peter to one of these two sons relinquishing a life annuity in a piece of property in consideration for that son's efforts in paying a ransom to secure the release of the other son from slavery in Algiers to which he had been sold by pirates. Both of these brothers can be traced forward for several generations.

Thomas Gee was christened on March 2, 1643. There are numerous references to Thomas Gee as a possible ancestor of the Gee family in Virginia. Specifically he is possibly the father of Charles and Henry Gee. There are references to a "tradition" in the Gee family of Virginia that Charles and Henry were the sons of a Thomas Gee of Boston, Mass. In an article about Pattie Williams Gee contained in The North Carolina Booklet of the NC Society Daughters of the American Revolution (Vol VII, No. 1 July, 1907), Pattie stated that she is a great-great granddaughter of Charles Gee of Virgina who was a descendant of Thomas Gee of Boston, Massachusetts. W. J. Fletcher, in an article that appeared in an Atlanta newspaper, June 1, 1930 made reference to the tradition that the Virginia family was descended from Thomas Gee of Boston. For reasons unknown Mr. Fletcher chose to leave this reference out of his book on the Gee family. None of the references to Thomas Gee as the ancestor of the Virginia family have been substantiated insofar as I know.

I am directly descended from Charles and Hannah Gee as follows:

  1. Charles b. circa 1650 and Hannah Gee of Surry and Prince George Counties in Virginia.
  2. Charles Gee b. circa 1696 m. Bridget Neville?
  3. Neavil (or Neville) Gee b. 1729 m. ? Lucas of Lunenburg County Virginia.
  4. James Gee m. Lucy Bugg moved to Monroe Co. Ky
  5. John Bugg Gee b. 1801 m. Anna Sims
  6. William James Gee b. 1822 m. Mary Newell of Monroe Co. Ky.
  7. John Robert Bugg Gee b. April 13, 1852 m. Esther ? in Ky.
  8. John Barton Gee d. Dec. 14, 1931, m. Ida Lily .
  9. Floyd Gee b. 1900
  10. Maurice Gee b. 1924
  11. Mike Gee b. 1950
  12. Jonathan-David Gee b. 1977

TOP OF PAGE



Notable characters up the Gee family tree.


Powder Face Gee

W.J. Fletcher, in The Gee Family, states that Charles Gee was born circa 1755 and that he was the first son of Neavil (or Neville) Gee (Charles1, Charles2). More current research, however, indicates that the father of this Charles Gee was not Neavil but his brother James. For details on this research read the
evidence page.

There are many, many Gees of this period with the name Charles, however this Charles had the distinction of being nicknamed "Powder Face". Apparently, during his service in the Revolutionary War, Charles was tattooed for life by a gunpowder explosion that blackened the side of his face. For the rest of his life Charles often signed documents with the name Powder Face Gee apparently viewing his difigurement as a sign of distinction for having served his country in the war. Charles married Sally Wilson on March 12, 1787. Powder Face is listed in the information available in the libraries of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Since he was a soldier during the Revolutionary War he is listed as such on page 263 of The NSDAR Patriot Index,1967. Powder Face is also mentioned as serving during the Revolution by the National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.

Dr. John Henry Gee

John Henry Gee was born 1819 in Georgetown, South Carolina the son of Henry Gee and Agness Forrester. When Agnes died Henry married Agness's sister Martha Elizabeth Forrester. The family moved to a plantation near the town of Quincy, Florida in 1827. Henry Gee was a wealthy man and prominent citizen who owned considerable property in Gadsden County, Florida.

John Henry attended medical schools in Charleston, South Carolina and Philadelphia. He graduated at the age of nineteen and returned to Quincy in 1838. He served as Assistant Surgeon in General Leigh Read's brigade during the Second Seminole war in 1840. For the next several years John Henry traveled extensively ultimately returning to Quincy to set up medical practice.

Upon the outbreak of the Civil War John Henry joined the Confederate military acting as military aid to the Governor of Florida. He rose through the ranks and was ultimately pomoted to Major. In 1864 Major Gee was ordered to North Carolina by General Braxton Bragg to take command of the Salisbury Prison where he served until February, 1865. The year that he took command the prison housed about 500 confederate prisoners. Before Major Gee left command this number had swelled to 10,000. Severely understaffed and undersupplied Major Gee struggled to maintain order and provide for the prisoners in his charge but it was an uphill struggle. Prisoners died by the hundreds.

After the war Major John Henry Gee was arrested and tried in Raleigh, North Carolina for war crimes, the trial beginning on February 21, 1866. Trial proceedings were reported daily by a correspondent for the New York Tribune. On the first day of the trial the news appeared on the front page of the Tribune with the following description of the defendant:

Gee is about 47 years of age, five feet nine inches in height, well built though rather slight, with brown hair largely sprinkled with gray, gray mustache and goatee, blue eyes, aquiline nose, with an intelligent and rather anxious expression.

On June 14, 1866 Dr. Gee was acquitted of all charges, the Military Commission ruling that Gee was not directly responsible for any violations but that higher authorities for the Confederate Government were responsible.

In mid July Dr. Gee returned to Quincy to a hero's welcome where he soon reestablished his medical practice in partnership with his brother Dr. Charles A. Gee. John Henry never married but is reported to have lived with a woman for some time. He continued to be a prominent and controversial figure in Quincy until his tragic death on August 13, 1876.

On that night shortly after midnight a fire broke out in a group of buildings a block west of Dr. Gee's office. One of the first to arrive, Dr. Gee attempted to stop the spread of the fire by placing a 25 pound powder keg in a warehouse to blow a firebreak. When the keg did not explode Dr. Gee reentered the warehouse at which time the keg exploded killing Dr. Gee.

The ancestry of Dr. John Henry Gee:

  1. Charles b. circa 1650 and Hannah Gee of Surry and Prince George Counties in Virginia.
  2. Henry Gee
  3. James Gee b. November 12, 1741 d. June 6, 1804 m. Mary Walker
  4. Henry Gee b. November 12, 1782, d. February 4, 1851, m. Agness Forrester
  5. John Henry Gee b. 1819 d. August 13, 1876

For much more information see the Rowan Public Library page on Salibury Prison. There is a yearly Salisbury Confederate Prison Symposium held in April. There is also a newly formed Salisbury Confederate Prison Association for men and women interested in preserving the history of the Prison and those who were there. For more information contact Sue Curtis. In addition Annette Gee Ford has written a book about the court martial of Dr. John Henry Gee entitled The Captive.

Pattie Williams Gee

Pattie W. Gee was born in 1867; died 1934, daughter of Dr. Charles James Gee and Tempie Williams Austin Gee. Her father was a man of means and she was educated at private schools and at St. Mary's in Raleigh, N.C. In her late 30's Pattie decided to devote her time to the writing of poetry and the study of genealogy. She was the secretary of a New York genealogical organization and she was the inventor of the Medallion Genealogical Register.

In 1904 she published a volume of poetry entitled The Palace of the Heart and Other Poems of Love. This volume was very favorably reviewed in the New York Times Saturday Review of Books on March 4, 1905. A book of poetry by Hildegarde Hawthorne, granddaughter of Nathaniel Hawthorne was reviewed in the same column. Following is the actual review as it appeared in 1905:

"The Palace of the Heart by Pattie Williams Gee, is conspicuous chiefly for the strong religious feeling, simple and fervent in its expression, that inspires the greater number of poems. An air of devotion, suggesting Fra Angelico or even Cimabue, gives the archaic forms of such songs as those entitled The Sinner and The Violets, Orate pro Me, and Mother Love in After Years , a grace of spirit altogether lovely."

Unfortunately shortly after publication of her book and on the verge of what could possibly have become a major literary career, Pattie suffered what was termed at the time a "nervous collapse". She spent the remainder of her life, more than 25 years, in a partially comatose state confined to a mental institution.

The ancestry of Pattie W. Gee:

  1. Charles b. circa 1650 and Hannah Gee of Surry and Prince George Counties in Virginia.
  2. Charles Gee b. circa 1696 m. Bridget Neville?
  3. Charles Gee b. circa 1731 m. ? Hancock and Elizabeth Dolby
  4. Neville Gee b. circa 1773 c. 1828 m. Elizabeth Harwell; Neville was a naval officer during the war of 1812.
  5. Sterling Harwell Gee b. 1802 m. Mary Temperance Williams
  6. Charles James Gee b. Nov. 4, 1831 d. March 25, 1894 m. Tempie Williams Austin
  7. Pattie Williams Gee b. 1867 d. 1934

Mary Walker Gee

The following information on Mary Walker Gee is copied from a book by Lou Rogers entitled Tar Heel Women, published in 1949. Some of the material cited by the author was taken from information on Mary from The Gee Family by W.J. Fletcher. The book also cites Fayetteville Carolinian, March 26th, 1842. Notes from descendants as a source. In the book Mary is featured with some very notable North Carolina women such as Rebecca Bryan Boone (Mrs. Daniel Boone), Elizabeth Hutchinson Jackson (Mrs. Andrew Jackson), and Dolly Payne Madison (Mrs. James Madison) among others.

Mary Walker was the daughter of John and Isobel McNeill (it is possible that Isobel's surname was something else) Walker of Wilmington, and was born March 5, 1755. She was evidently the sole heir of her father who was a "ship carpenter." Back in colonial days a ship carpenter was a contractor or supervisor and was usually very wealthy. From her father, Mary Walker inherited a house, lot and tract of land in Wilmington. There are two John Walkers in the same period of history, connected with the Glasgow firm of Beard and Walker. Mary's father was the John Walker who died in 1759 or 1760, a few years later than the other John Walker. Her mother was Isobel McNeill, the niece of Neill McNeill, who led 500 Scotch immigrants to Cumberland County in 1749, after their defeat at the battle of Culloden. In some ways Mary was connected with the Graingers, McBrides, McLaines, McNeills, Murrays, Clarks, Lyons, Rowans and Duncans of New Hanover and Cumberland counties. A bachelor, Alexander Duncan, bequeathed to orphan Mary Walker, in 1767, when she was twelve years old and living at Cross Creek (Fayetteville), in the home of Richard Lyon, three Negro girls. The family connections in the wills and deeds are not made clear but Richard Lyon and his wife, Margaret Rowan (daughter of William Rowan and niece of Matthew Rowan, Governor of N.C. in 1755), became the guardians of four-year- old Mary Walker in 1759, the child having lost both parents. The Lyons immediately brought Mary Walker to Cross Creek where she lived the rest of her 87 years. Governor Rowan, in 1760, bequeathed to Richard Lyon 360 pounds for which he was to act as trustee. Traditions claims that this money was for his small kinswoman, Mary Walker.

About 1771, when Mary Walker was quite young, she was married to James Gee (Charles1, Henry2) of Cross Creek. James Gee had come to Fayetteville, prior to 1765, from Virginia, where his father, Henry Gee, and his grandfather, Charles Gee, had been prominent in the tidewater countries. James Gee, born in 1741, was connected with the Jeffersons, Masons, and other famous families of Virginia. Soon after coming to North Carolina he had taken up the following land grants: 130 acres in 1766, 20 acres in 1767, 500 acres in in 1768, and 200 acres in 1789. He seems to have been quite a land owner, having acquired most of this land before he married Mary Walker. He built for her a large home three miles west of Cross Creek (now within the Fayetteville city limits) upon the site which is now occupied by the Confederate Widows' Home. He also built a town house for Mary where the Prince Charles Hotel now stands. James Gee was a true patriot and although he lived in a community where it was most dangerous to defy the king, he was one of the first to declare his independence. He was one of those 39 patriots who, on June 20, 1775, signed the famous Liberty Point Declaration of Independence. His name is engraved on the Liberty Point Marker which was erected in 1909 on Liberty Point in Fayetteville. When war came, James Gee marched off with the Whigs to fight the British. The evening before he left to join Marion's men in South Carolina, a neighbor went to the Gee home and found Mrs. Gee brushing his uniform, while the tears rolled down her cheeks. The neighbor asked why, if it grieved her so, would she let her husband go. "Go!" she exclaimed, "he shall go. He belongs to his country, and I'd poison his coffee if he did not go!"

Captain Gee returned to Fayetteville before the war was over and organized a company. Then he led the company into battle. While commanding his troops, a bullet went through his handsome hat and on through his head. He staggered and fell, mortally wounded, his men thought. For a long time he lay unconscious. Suddenly reviving, his first inquiry was about his beaver hat. His friend brought it to him, at the same time lamenting over Captain Gee's badly mangled scalp. The Captain then exclaimed, according to Fletcher, "O, never think of the head; time and the Doctor will put that to rights; but it grieves me to think that the rascals have ruined my hat forever!"

Mary Walker had the "cocky" spirit that her husband had and many a day in his absence was her spirit to be tested. The Tories, whom she detested more than the British, vexed her and robbed her, but she often got the best of them. Although the young mother was taking care of a small son and infant twin daughters, she kept her town house open as a boarding house and "carried on." It was not easy. Often she had to entertain or feed Tories and British soldiers. One incident in which she showed courage and one even in which she saved the lives of two of Cumberland's patriots, are so well told by Fletcher, that they are copied here straight from pages 104 and 105 of his history, The Gee Family. "One morning, while the army of Cornwallis was marching through this section, Mrs. Gee was intent on household cares in her kitchen, when she was startled by the entrance of an armed Negro in British uniform, who ordered to cook breakfast for him. There was no resisting the command, for she was alone in the house, and on the premises were only two or three young Negroes. She set about preparing the meal, making it as elaborate as possible, in order to secure delay; and, while it was cooking, she managed to slip out, and give this message to an intelligent boy: 'Run to John Lomax and tell him to come here just as quick as he can, and to come with his gun!' But it seemed to her that bread and meat never baked so fast before, and do what she would-the Negro all the while urging her with brutal words to hurry up-she was obliged to dish up the food. But just as her unwelcome guest had seated himself at the table, his musket across his knees, John Lomax, strode through the door, and presented a gun at his head. Lomax kept the British Negro captive till all the army of Cornwallis had passed, and then gave him up to the authorities at Fayetteville. John Lomax was a free Negro thoroughly imbued with the patriotic sentiments of his white friends and neighbors, and devoted all his life to the Gee family."

Fletcher's other story, in which Mrs. Gee proved herself a heroine, is even more daring in its action and more spectacular in its results. "One day Mrs. Gee was raided by a band of Tories, having with them a squad of Whig prisoners, and they commanded her to prepare dinner for them. Leaving their prisoners in the yard, so securely bound that there was, they thought, no chance of their escaping, they all entered the house. Mrs. Gee placed an excellent dinner on the table: and, while the raiders were doing full justice to it, she dashed out into the yard with a carving knife and in a flash cut the cords of the Whigs, who, with only time for the wave of a hand in gratitude, were out of sight in an instant. "When the Tories trooped out of the house, wiping from their mouths the unctuous signs of their good cheer, they were so much enraged at the escape of the Whigs that they threatened to burn the Gee dwelling to the ground, but their leader, whipping out his pistol, swore that he "honored the ------Whig woman's pluck, and that he would put a ball through the head of the first man that lighted a torch, or hurt a hair of her head'".

In the "squad" of Whigs whom Mrs. Gee set free, were Theophilus Evans and John Oliver, two of the signers of the famous Liberty Point Declaration. Captain Gee, who was with General Greene when the Revolutionary War ended, returned to his wife at Cross Creek, where the Captain and his wife continued their interest in the affairs of the new Nation. From James and Mary Walker Gee, came a very unusual family. The ten children were Charles, the eldest son; Mary, who married Edmund Cook; Ann, Mary's twin sister; John Walker; Henry, who moved to Georgetown, S.C. and later to Florida; Isabella, who married Captain Benjamin Chapman; Rebecca, who married Archibald McDuffie; William; James; Robert and David. "Uncle Jimmy" Gee, the ninth child, was quite a character and many interesting tales have been told about him. He was an ardent Democrat and declared that when a Democratic governor was elected, he would give the State of North Carolina a plot of land for a public burying ground. He kept his word and when the Democratic nominee, David S. Reid, became governor, Uncle Jimmy donated the plot of land back of his home. The piece of land lies between the Gee family burying ground and that part which later became the cemetery for the ladies of the Confederate Home. David, the youngest, had quite an influence on his mother. She had been a staunch Presbyterian, but when David married Mary E. Jones, the daughter of a noted Baptist preacher, Mary Walker Gee changed her religion and was a stong Baptist for the last thirty or forty years of her life. James and Mary Walker Gee's descendants are scattted all over the Nation and there have been those among them who have answered their country's call to arms in every war since the Revolution. Strange to say, there are few left who bear the family name of Gee. However, around Fayetteville, there are a number of people with other surnames who trace their family histories back to the the Revolutionary patriots, James and Mary Gee. These include the Ayers, Cooks, Glovers and Owens. Mary Walker Gee outlived her husband by 38 years but when she died, March 23, 1842, in her 88th year, she was buried beside her husband in the old Gee family graveyard. About 100 yards back of the present confederate Widows' Home. Enclosed by a brick wall and an iron gate covered with ivy, still may be seen the tombs of James Gee, of Mary Walker Gee, and many of the descendants. Mary Walker's body was laid away in its last resting place in a handsome walnut casket, made from a tree that she had planted in her youth. Shortly after her death the obituary appearing in the Fayetteville Carolinian for March 26, 1842, had this to say of Mary Walker Gee: "The demise of this truly venerable and pious lady has thrown into mourning and sadness an unusually large circle of relatives and friends who for years have clustered about her person, and listened with ardent enthusiasm to her kindly admonitions, and her familiar accounts of the events of more than a half a century. . . .It may be a needless task to eulogize the dead-but the pen of eulogy cannot do justice to the many beautiful traits that adorned the character of the subject of this brief notice. . . ." Nor can the pen of history do justice to the brave deeds and courageous living of the women who, through the various eras. Have helped their men build and protect the wonderful nation in which we live today.

The ancestry of James Gee:

  1. Charles b. circa 1650 and Hannah Gee of Surry and Prince George Counties in Virginia.
  2. Henry Gee
  3. James Gee b. November 12, 1741 d. June 6, 1804 m. Mary Walker

See more information on the historic James Gee family cemetery at the James Gee Cemetery Page created by Annette Gee Ford

Eason Gee

Little is known about Eason Gee except for a brief period of his life during a turbulent period of Texas history. Eason Gee made his way to Texas, possibly from Alabama. He was issued an Entrance Certificate to Texas in 1835 that reads as follows:

We, the undersigned, certify that the foreigner Eason Gee is a man of very good morality, habits, and industry; lover of the Constitution and laws of the country and the Christian religion; married; and generally known as a good man. Nacogdoches, May 25, 1835.

Signed by G. Pollitt and John Engledow

On October 19, 1835 Eason was issued a Mexican Land Grant for one league of land (according to later records this was apparently 783 acres). Two thirds of this property was in present day Smith County, Texas and one third of the property was in present day Cherokee County, Texas. Eason met his death during the Texas War for Independence in the service of his country on August 8, 1836 after which he was posthumously issued a grant of 320 acres from the Secretary of War. The original of this grant is written in Spanish.

Eason was married at the time of his move to Texas. His wife was was Jane ? and he had at least three children, Andrew J. Gee (apparently listed as Anderson in some documents), Joseph S. Gee, and William T. Gee. The headright for the league of land was proved in 1840 by Jane Gee and Eason's heirs. These heirs are listed as William and George. Thus it is possible that Eason and Jane had a fourth son.

After Eason's death during the war Jane remained in Texas. She is on the 1839 and 1840 tax lists for Nacogdoches County. Eventually Jane Gee married John Randolph. The 1850 Smith County, Texas census lists John Randolph 42, b. TN, Jane Randolph 40, b. NC, Joseph Gee 17, b. AL, and William Gee 15, b. Al. Thus it is apparent that Eason and Jane lived in Alabama for at least two years prior to moving to Texas. It is interesting to note here that an Eason Gee who died in Pendleton County, South Carolina in early 1794 had descendants who moved to Alabama and then Texas, however, there is as yet no known connection between these two families.

An 1858 inventory of 1,894 acres of land belonging to Eason Gee lists Jane Gee Randolph as deceased and lists heirs William Gee, Andrew J. Gee, and Joseph Gee. The 1860 Smith County, Texas census indicates that two of Eason and Jane Gee's sons and their families were living in Smith County:

Joseph Gee 29, b. AL
Mariah Gee 19, b. TN
Emily Gee 2, b. TX
Mary Gee 2, b. TX

And

William Gee 27, b. AL
Louisa Gee 20, b. TN
John Gee 3, b. TX
George Gee 2, b. TX
Mary Gee 4, b. TX

TOP OF PAGE




Gee Family Gedcoms


I currently have two gedcoms on the Gee family. The first is my personal gedcom with about 1,000 names in the Charles and Hannah line. Click
here to download. Zipped filesize is 24,111. Last update January 6, 1997.

I also have a huge gedcom on the northern Gee family. This file contains 10,635 names in the Solomon Gee family. Solomon lived in Connecticut during the early 1700's. His descendants spread across the U.S. but stayed primarily in the north. This gedcom cites Descendants of Solomon Gee of Lyme, Connecticut as a source. Click here to download the gedcom. Zipped filesize is 461,238. Last update November 6, 1996.

Please note that these are .ZIP files and require an appropriate decompression utility.

TOP OF PAGE



Gee Surname History   Charles & Hannah Gee   Notable Gees   Family Branches   Download Gedcoms
Gee Family Researchers & Historians   Gee Family Information Sources   Gee Data Pages   Surname Index
Northern Gee Family   Gee Family Facts   GEEography - Gee place names   Photo Page   Gee Family Archives
Gee Family Queries   Submit Query   Elmore Family History   Elmore Family Lineage   Johnson Family Lineage



I intend to add more information as time permits. If you have corrections or additions to this information or would like to have further information please respond to:

Snail Mail Address

Mike Gee
2960 Columbia 15
Magnolia, Arkansas 71753

Email: mgee@arkansas.net

Back to Mike Gee's Home Page